PE/ABI (?) 7700- Imaging Thermocycler (?)

JLJLJ jljlj at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 16:42:17 EST 1997

I'd like to get some feedback from anyone who has used or demoed the new PE
 (ABI?) 7700. From what I've read it's a thermocycler that images the reaction
 tube while amplifying. It is a hybrid fluorescent Imager/thermocycler.

What are the applications you are using it for? We thought it might be useful
 for doing PCR linkage. Perhaps one could use the rate of co-amplification as a
 measure of linkage in areas where the background was high in less well defined
 regions.

Any imput would be appreciated.

Larry Jeffers
GenX