Methylation detection

Alex Dobrovic adobrovic at medicine.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Oct 23 02:30:07 EST 1997

You can't just use any primers after bisulfite treatment as it modifies the
Cs in the primer. Primer design is accordingly quite complex especially as
the 2 strands of the DNA are no longer complementary after modification.

Alexander Dobrovic, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist
Department of Haematology-Oncology
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital