mRNA isolation from bacteria

Talon evansm at invitrogen.com
Thu Oct 23 11:28:42 EST 1997

A recent paper in Nucleic Acids Research gives an interesting method of
doing this (NAR Vol.25, No.17 p.3465-3470) Basically, you incubate cell
lysates in a buffer with polyA polymerase to add polyA tails, followed by
purification by oligo dT column. To my knowledge, there is not a
commercial kit available that will do exactly what you are looking for.

Hope this is useful.

Mark Evans

Applications Scientist
Invitrogen