reverse northern?

isakos01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu isakos01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu
Thu Oct 23 09:05:19 EST 1997

Hi,

I haven't seen the reverse Northern before, but if I understand
correctly, you want to clone cDNA's that are differentially expressed
in two tissues.  There are several protocols to do this using
Representation Difference Analysis (RDA).  See "Lisitsyn, Lisitsyn,
and Wigler, 1993, Science vol 259, pp946-951, 'Cloning the Difference
between two complex Genomes'".  I know of a nearby lab that has used
it successfully.
Steve