Ian A. York iayork at
Fri Oct 24 17:06:16 EST 1997

In article <tyr-2-2410971513330001 at>,
Karl Fischer <tyr-2 at> wrote:
>In article <62qrtv$9h419 at>, pnh at (Paul N
>Hengen) wrote:
>> What is NASBA????
>nucleic acid sequence-based amplification

It's actually been around for a while (I heard a talk about it from a
company rep in around 1989; I can't even remember the company that was
pushing it, but it was supposed to be a full-fledged competitor to PCR),
but my impression is that it's always remained marginal; in fact I had
assumed it had died out several years ago.  I see that Medline has 48
articles since 1993 which mention it.  By way of contrast, there are 28578
articles which mention PCR, so my impression of its marginality seems
pretty accurate.

      Ian York   (iayork at  <>