Biotech student study group needs assistance

Petr Kuzmic pkuzmic at biokin.com
Fri Oct 24 16:52:39 EST 1997

MMCCARTHY at BIOTECHNET.COM wrote:

>      I think the statement  in the students' post regarding
> obtaining "answers" to their questions has been grossly
> overinterpreted and taken far too literally by some
>                                                This was
> probably these undergraduates'  first foray into the
> community of professional scientists on the Internet and I
> think they have gone about it in a professional manner.
>
> Mary McCarthy
> Associate Scientific Editor, BioTechniques

Thank you very much for your clarification.  What I am concerned about
is that these undergraduates' "first foray in the community of
professional scientists on the Internet" has been a decidedly negative
one.

The fact that they contacted you as a newsgroup moderator for advice
before posting clearly testifies to their honest intentions, yet they
have been accused here of laziness and cheating.  This kind of response
sadly prevents these young people from recognizing the Internet as a
valuable learning and working tool that is it.

With best regards,

   Petr Kuzmic