Size fractionating before making cDNA library

Timur Yarovinsky tyarovin at
Fri Oct 24 16:29:31 EST 1997

This is a novice's quiestion.

I am trying to make a cDNA library with Lambda ZAP II vector. I need to
size fractionate cDNA, which was ligated to adaptors, before ligating to
vector arms. I did not label the cDNA and have less than 300 ng of cDNA,
that's why I cannot monitor fractions collected from Sepharose column
neither with counter nor on a gel. I have a stupid idea to add some
markers (Lambda or Phix 174 digests) to my sample to monitor the fractions
on agarose and/or polyacrylamide gel.

So, your critique is wellcome.

Timur Yarovinsky, Ph.D., M.D.
Oakdale Research Park, B141 MTF