Saturated O2 concentration in Tris buffer?

Jonathan B. Marder marder at
Fri Oct 24 02:44:26 EST 1997

Justin Powell wrote in message
+AD4-I need to know the concentration of oxygen in air saturated 50mM
+AD4-pH7.6 buffer at 25C in order to interpret some oxygen electrode data I
+AD4-have.  ...

You can easily try by comparing the reading you get with air saturated
distilled water vs. air-saturated buffer. I don't know for sure, but I'd
be very surprised if the buffer has any significant effect at all i.e.
the O2 conc. at this temperature would be around 0.26 mM.

Jonathan B. Marder
Department of Agricultural Botany, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Faculty of Agriculture, P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL
Phone: +-972 8 9481918   Fax:   +-972 8 9467763
Web page: