Looking for a pBluescript with KAN selection or...

S. Findley polliwog at u.washington.edu
Sat Oct 25 23:56:13 EST 1997

Has anyone out there constructed a pBluescript with Kanamycin resistance
instead of Ampicillin?

There is a pesky Eam1105I/AhdI restriction site at position ~2046 in the
Amp resistance gene in pBS that I either need to mutate in the Amp or
replace the cassette with th Kanamycin resistance gene.

Any tips appreciated.

(Does anyone out there know how companies selling T-vectors are making the
3' T-overhangs efficiently? I was planning on making the T-vector with 2
AhdI/Eam1105I resitriction sites in the polylinker til I noticed the site
in the Amp resistance gene. Perhaps a company has already mutated that
site?)

-Thanks
Seth D. Findley               polliwog at u.washington.edu
Department of Biochemistry    Phone: 206-543-1710
Health Sciences Building J579
University of Washington, Box 357350, Seattle, WA 98195