cDNA synthesis to study mRNA

rabc010 at S1.CXWMS.AC.UK rabc010 at S1.CXWMS.AC.UK
Sun Oct 26 10:46:15 EST 1997

How interesting? (I am interested in studying  the mRNA for a particular
protein by sythesizing the corresponding cDNA, and more, common methods
for mRNA analysis involving cDNA synthesis are procedures I do not want
to undertake at this time). How can you get cDNA without RT-PCR or
reverse transcription? I think what you want to do to study expression
of the gene. Yes it is possible if you have sequence information of your
protein. You can sythesize sequence specific oligo and use it as a probe
on northerns or you can
buy cDNA library and use affinity capture method pull out the clone.

Anyhow if you can do it without sythesizing cDNA or RT-PCR that
will be a breakthrough, let me know. Goo luck.

Narendra kaushik