Removal of dried acrylamide gel from UV-glass??

Michelle Gleeson michelle at MOLECULE.BIO.UTS.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 28 00:19:59 EST 1997

Hi Joyce,

You could try alconox detergent 1percent solution.  I find it removes
dried agarose from gel combs and plates, as well as dried acrylamide from
sequencing plates.  You will need gloves, as it seems to cause dermatitis
in many people.  Hope this helps!

Michelle Gleeson
Molecular Parasitology Unit              Ph: (02) 9514 4043
University of Technology                 Fax:(02) 9514 4003
Westbourne St Gore Hill, NSW 2065        michelle.gleeson at
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on - FDR