publishing just a sequence

Tue Oct 28 16:06:28 EST 1997

At 15:21 10/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Robert M. Horton wrote:
>> I have cloned a new cDNA from human brain, and I would like to publish the
>> sequence.
>> Any suggestions on journals that might publish a plain dull old ordinary
>> boring cDNA sequence?
>
>Does it have to be a journal?  If all you really care about is getting
>the sequence out there and not the biology of the gene, why not just
>submit the sequence directly to GenBank?

Sorry... in all the C.V.'s I've seen, I have yet to see a section
"Sequences Submitted", let alone figure that section would have any bearing
on one's merit raise or promotion.

Would you consider a sequence in GenBank, without a corresponding
peer-reviewed paper as "published"?

David

 David L. Haviland, Ph.D.
 Asst. Prof. Immunology