RNAse protection assay - efficient for a high number of probes ?

jzuber at hotmail.com jzuber at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 12:12:59 EST 1997

We are working with subtractive cDNA-Libraries. To check the
differentiality of our subtracted clones we used to use Northern
blotting. As we get to know now this is a quite time consuming procedure,
because the number of potentially differential and interesting clones is
exploding day by day.

RPA is supposed to be at least as sensitive as Northern blotting. Do you
know any protocol/kit/procedure to use RPA for a high number of probes
parallely (we want to check all in all 300 clones per library) and what is
your experience about it ?

Thanks&Bye,
Hannes