stripping Northerns

Dianne Emslie s9033036 at COUGAR.VUT.EDU.AU
Wed Oct 29 16:42:32 EST 1997

I am having problems stripping Northern blots probed with DIG labelled
oligos and hope someone may have a better method.  I have tried boiling in
0.1% SDS which seems to remove the chemiluminescent substrate but not the
oligo and I have tried the DIG Northern probe-stripping solution which
contains 50% fomamide. That seemed to strip the probe off but also the
RNA.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I would be most grateful for your
help.

Cheers
Dianne Emslie