Transfection of smooth muscle cells

Wed Oct 29 17:02:21 EST 1997

In article <34570505.AD38EB69 at nott.ac.uk>, Simon.Dawson at nott.ac.uk wrote:
:Hi there,
:                Has anybody out there had need to perform transfections on
: primary smooth
:muscle cell cultures? We are trying to do just that and so far have had little
:success :(
:        If you have any info. on the best transfection reagent to use and any
: other
:important details for doing this successfully, I'd love to hear about it!
:        Thanks,
:
:
:                        Simon.

Really can't go wrong with electroporation. Even if there is some
"reagent" that'll give better efficiency (may or may not), chances are
you'll be done with electroporation before you have a chance to try half
of the lipids available on the market.

- Dima