Help plse: replicate plate screening for protease activity

Baba Ram Das Baba at nirvanhha.utopia.su
Wed Oct 29 14:37:33 EST 1997

We would appreciate any help we could get with the following idea: We
would like to overlay a population of transformed cells which contain a
library of expressed and secreted potential protease targets over
another population of cells. The idea is that the protease targets if
recognized by the second population of cells would be lethal to them.
Has anyone used filters etc. to transfer cells over onto e.g. a thin
layer of soft agarose above a second population of growing cells. Is
this idea technically feasible? Once again I would appreciate any
thoughts. Thanks, Rob Linning (rlinning at sfu.ca)