In vivo biotinylation

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 04:20:55 EST 1997

In article <635sgf$kg at bubba.NMSU.Edu>, "D. KIM" <dkim at NMSU.Edu> writes
>The gene fragment seems to be rather large (about 85 aa), and I was
>wondering if one could simply tag the protein with some kind of minimal
>biotinylation site?  Has anyone done this?

There are a number of these around. Try looking for a STREP tag plasmid
I think sold by Biometra and I think published by Skerra et al (totally
from memory so I may be wrong). Alternatively try a paper by Peter
Schatz of Affymax, maybe 4 years or so ago on consensus peptide
libraries specifying biotinylation. I don't think the STREP tag is
actually biotinylated in vivo but is a peptide that bind sto avidin and
strepatvidin with high enough affinity to be eluted later without harsh
treatment.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark