Immunoscreening cDNA expression library

Geoffrey Kidd GKidd at Aptagen.com
Thu Oct 30 18:18:14 EST 1997

Back in the Stone Age, I did such a task.  I also walked to school 10
miles in the driving snow barefoot and hungry, but that's another story.
 I used a biotin/streptavidin ket called Vectastain, by Vector Labs I
think.  I haven't heard of them since then (the mid-80's), but they
could still be around.  I had no problem with it - worked like a charm
the very first time, astoundingly.  I pre-adsorbed out the non-specific
anti-E. coli antibodies first.  I don't recall now if the assay was
peroxidase- or phosphatase-based, but since peroxidase self-bleaches
after a short time, I'd go with phosphatase.  Either way, I'd avoid
125-I because I find pleasure in avoiding the red tape of ordering,
storage, cleanup, and disposal of radioactive materials.  Hope this
helps.

Geoffrey Kidd