metabolic labeling in e.coli...

Frederik Boernke boernke at
Fri Sep 5 01:40:47 EST 1997

Why don't you try 35S-methionine or cysteine (or comercially available
mixture of both; Amersham/NEN). For a 20 ml induction culture I usually
add 2 mCi of 35S-methionine 15 min post induction and incubate for 4 h.
I tried this with the TrxFus-System by Invitrogen and it worked fine but
you need quiete a few methionine residues in your protein (about 7) to
obtain sufficient specific acitivity.

Good luck

Frederik Boernke
Research Group of  Molecular Plant Physiologie
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben
Tel.  039482 -5 321
Fax. 039482 -5 515