SEAP reporter gene

Rene Nederhand RJ.nederhand at pg.tno.nl
Fri Sep 5 16:11:28 EST 1997

Hi all,

For my practical period I am woking on the promoter of a coagulation
factor. To determine the effect of some polymorphisms I found I want
to make a construct with a luchiferase gene as reporter. Probably
we are going to use the pGL3 vector from Promega with the new
detection kit from Boehringer (Luchiferase Reporter Gene Assay
-Constant light signal).
Also for normalization of the values I have to take another reporter
gene. Iwant to use SEAP because it's easy to collect (in plasma) and
to measure (using the boehringer SEAP detection system).
I  measure bioluminiscence using a Perkin-Elmer LS-50
bioluminscence spectrofotometer.

My questions are:
> Does somebody know if this combination works fine?

> Where can I get a SEAP controll vector or even better who wants to
> share it with me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Rene