SEAP Reporter gen

R.J. Nederhand RJ.Nederhand at pg.tno.nl
Fri Sep 5 06:36:13 EST 1997

Hi all,

For my practical period I am woking on the promoter of a coagulation
factor. To determine the effect of some polymorphisms I found I want
to make a construct with a luchiferase gene as reporter. Probably
we are going to use the pGL3 vector from Promega with the new
detection kit from Boehringer (Luchiferase Reporter Gene Assay
-Constant light signal).
Also for normalization of the values I have to take another reporter
gene. Iwant to use SEAP because it's easy to collect (in plasma) and
to measure (using the boehringer SEAP detection system).
I  measure bioluminiscence using a Perkin-Elmer LS-50
bioluminscence spectrofotometer.

My questions are:
> Does somebody know if this combination works fine?

> Where can I get a SEAP controll vector or even better who wants to
> share it with me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Rene
TNO Prevention and Health, Dept. of Vascular and Connective Tissue Research
Gaubius laboratory, Leiden
R.J. Nederhand
Zernikedreef 9
P.O. box 2215