stock solution of mitomycin C

SHIGETA,Masaki shigeta at po.crl.go.jp
Sat Sep 6 22:21:51 EST 1997

Dear all,

I am a master course student working in the field of cell biology. I'd like to have suggestions about making of stock solutions of mitomycin C and bleomycin.

I have a plan to treat HeLa cells by addition of drugs in media, but I'm not sure whether they can be stored as the stock solution. I'd like to know (1) what kinds of solvent(s) I should choose and (2) how long I can use them at that storage condition. Does anyone have experiences about them and know some reference about it? Any suggestions would be helpful for me.

In appreciations,

Masaki SHIGETA
E-mail: shigeta at crl.go.jp
Structural Biology Section,