Removing primers from amplified DNA

Jack_Leonard at millipore.com Jack_Leonard at millipore.com
Mon Sep 8 16:31:30 EST 1997

Dear Dr. Leener,

I suggest trying Centriplus-100 for lg. scale purification of PCR products
since it should pass primers much more freely than Centriplus-50.

Sincerely,
Jack T. Leonard, Ph.D.
Technical Mgr., Molecular Biology Group
Millipore Corp. (Amicon Bioseparations)

fredele at biocell.fundp.ac.be on 09/05/97 06:40:27 AM

To:   methods at net.bio.net
cc:    (bcc: Jack Leonard/Bev/NA/Millipore)
Subject:  Removing primers from amplified DNA

Hi,

I try to remove all the primers from PCR products.
In large scale, I have already used CENTRIPLUS-50 from AMICON. But after
this ultrafiltration, amplified DNA still contain primers. This kind of
purification is not good enough.

Does anybody know to remove primers from PCR products, more than 20 mL of
products ?

Thanks in advance

Fred DE LEENER

--