bluescript contaminant

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Mon Sep 8 13:03:03 EST 1997

Denise WALKER (walkerd at jean-roche.nord.univ-mrs.fr) wrote:

> I remember reading a year or two ago, in a technical tips/letters page,
> about a contaminating band of about 2kb that is sometimes seen in
> pBluescript DNA preps. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I sure do. You should check out these articles:

@article{Hengen1994Martibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and Reagents - Ghost plasmid of pBluescript",
volume = "19",
number = "3",
pages = "139-140",
month = "March",
year = "1994"}
(ftp://ftp.ncifcrf.gov/pub/methods/TIBS/mar94.txt)

@article{Hengen1996Novtibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Eliminating ghost bands from plasmid preps",
volume = "21",
number = "11",
pages = "441-442",
month = "November",
year = "1996"}
(Sorry, it's not yet released on the Web)

@article{Sayers1996,
author = "J. R. Sayers
     and D. Evans
     and J. B. Thomson",
title = "Identification and eradication of a denatured
{DNA} isolated during alkaline lysis-based plasmid
purification procedures",
journal = "Anal. Biochem.",
volume = "241",
number = "2",
pages = "186-189",
month = "oct",
comment = "ghost plasmid of pBluescript",
year = "1996"}

* - - Methods FAQ list -> http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/FAQlist.html - - - *