Taq quality

Tue Sep 9 18:22:43 EST 1997

In article <3415D477.4D52 at ubaclu.unibas.ch>,
Peter Schuchert  <schuchert at ubaclu.unibas.ch> wrote:
>I experienced remarkable differences in performance
>of Taq polymerases from different companies.
>I assume that the polypeptide is the same in different
>brands. But what influences the quality of Taq
>polymerase?

	I'm told that one of the things that influences the quality of
Taq polymerase preps is the presence of contaminating DNA.  I have on
occassion pulled out E. coli sequences from amplifications using primers
for mammalian DNA.

--
Unique ID : Ladasky, John Joseph Jr.
Title     : BA Biochemistry, U.C. Berkeley, 1989  (Ph.D. perhaps 1998???)