Alternative to MJR cycler

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at
Tue Sep 9 17:02:34 EST 1997

> We are a high capacity sequencing Laboratory and initially chose MJ
> thermocyclers for their quality, and competitive price in relation to
> Perkin Elmer thermocylers. However, recently we have been experiencing
> the same problem other newsgroupers describe.

Can you please elaborate a little on the problems? A new faculty member
here is thinking about buying a MJ thermocycler. I've had very reliable
service from an EriComp thermocycler (the water cooled ones). I also
have an Idaho Rapidcycler (the one that uses 10 ul capillary tubes).
Extremely fast but handling the capillary tubes requires getting used to
and reaction parameters require adjustments.

Shiao Y. Wang
University of Southern Mississippi
sywang at