Alternative to MJR cycler

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Tue Sep 9 17:02:34 EST 1997

> We are a high capacity sequencing Laboratory and initially chose MJ
> thermocyclers for their quality, and competitive price in relation to
> Perkin Elmer thermocylers. However, recently we have been experiencing
> the same problem other newsgroupers describe.

Can you please elaborate a little on the problems? A new faculty member
here is thinking about buying a MJ thermocycler. I've had very reliable
service from an EriComp thermocycler (the water cooled ones). I also
have an Idaho Rapidcycler (the one that uses 10 ul capillary tubes).
Extremely fast but handling the capillary tubes requires getting used to
and reaction parameters require adjustments.

--
Shiao Y. Wang
University of Southern Mississippi
sywang at whale.st.usm.edu