Two questions about southern

Jiqing Peng peng.36 at postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:41:57 EST 1997

Dear all
	I amplified more than ten sequences after DNA subtractive hybridization.
These sequences were supposed present in one genomic DNA sample ( tracer) but
absent in another (Driver).  To confirm it, I am planning do sorthern blot.
Now  two questions come out:
	1.  Could I use the genomic DNA as a probe to probe the amplified  sequences,
in stead of using the sequences to probe the genomic DNA?   The genomic DNA is
about a hundred times less complicate than human genome.
	2.  What is the best processure of non-radioactive southern?  p32 works fine
for me.  But I have to switch to non-radioactive labeling.
	Any advices are welcomed.