Best vector for cloning of Taq-generated PCR products

Frederik Boernke boernke at IPK-Gatersleben.de
Fri Sep 12 01:13:34 EST 1997

Hi all!

We rountinely use pGEM-T for cloning of our Taq-generated PCR
Products, but sometimes the effeciency seems to be not very reproduceable.
May be this depends on several freeze thaw cycles. Also I think
the MCS is not really satisfying, maybe at least some of the routinely
used restrictionenzymes should cut.
What are youre experiences, specially with the use of other T-tailed
vectors.
May be this has discussed here a trillion times, but why not do it again?

Ricky

Frederik Boernke
Research Group of  Molecular Plant Physiologie
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben
Tel.  039482 -5 321
Fax. 039482 -5 515