Best vector for cloning of Taq-generated PCR products

Michael Lassner mikel51 at mother.com
Fri Sep 12 08:20:39 EST 1997

I have been using the new TopoTA vector from Invitrogen.  It is very
fast and convenient, and it has been working well in my hands.  You have
to thaw your competent cells before you start because you only incubate
your PCR product with the vector for 5 minutes.  No enzymes, you just
mix the vector and PCR product, let it sit at room temperature for 5
minutes and then transform.  It is expensive so it is worth it to use a
very good pipetor to dispense the 1 microliter of vector used for each
cloning.  I am not associated with Invitrogen, except as a customer.