Designing peptides for raising antibodies

Greg Nattrass gnattras at waite.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Sep 19 19:41:19 EST 1997

Phil

	I've just had a peptide synthesised and conjugated to Diptheria Toxoid
by Chiron Technologies (Australia). I've had no experience with raising
antibodies in the past and was concerned about trying to select the
target peptide.

	Chiron offer a free service whereby they will provide you with a
no-obligation assessment of your protein. They run a few programs
against your sequence, which selects the most antigenic regions. I then
choose the region which suited my application.

	Now I'll just have to play the waiting game and see what antibody
response the peptide generates.

Greg Nattrass