Plasmid concentration

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Fri Sep 19 14:36:32 EST 1997

Hiranya Roychowdhury (hroychow at NMSU.EDU) wrote:

>> Every plasmid mini-prep ever made has a concentration of 1 ug/ul! ;-)
>
>  Irrespective of the volume in which the plasmid is resuspended?!

Ummm....yeah, it was a joke. We always look at a plasmid band on
a gel and say "It looks like about 1 ug/ul to me" and move on to
do the experiment ;-) I'm sure other people do this too.

-Paul.

P.S. *note the winkie* ... & I didn't realize you posted this Hiranya :-)

* - - Methods FAQ list -> http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/FAQlist.html - - - *