Is it possible to by T antigen ?

John Ladasky jladasky at pmgm.Stanford.EDU
Sat Sep 20 14:20:31 EST 1997

In article <5vu3er$q02$1 at ratatosk.uio.no>,
Knut Tomas Dalen <k.t.dalen at basalmed.uio.no> wrote:

>I have transient transfected endothelial cells with a pcDNA-His-flag
>vector, but the inserted gene, a proteoglycan, are expressed at low
>level compering to other normaly produced proteoglycans.
>The vector contain SV40 promoter and origin whitch allow efficient
>replication of the plasmid in cells expressing SV40 large T antigen.
>My goal is to transfect the cells with T antigen together with the DNA,
>and then hopefully get higher expression.
>
>If anyone know where to buy T antigen, pleace tell me.

	I think that what you want to do is to co-transfect with a plasmid
that expresses the large T antigen, rather than co-transfecting with the
protein.  Look for papers from Gerald R. Crabtree's lab.  They have a sys-
tem for doing this in Jurkat cells.

	Good luck!