Is it possible to by T antigen ?

Knut Tomas Dalen k.t.dalen at basalmed.uio.no
Mon Sep 22 06:58:49 EST 1997

I think that what you want to do is to co-transfect with a plasmid
that expresses the large T antigen, rather than co-transfecting with the
protein.  Look for papers from Gerald R. Crabtree's lab.  They have a
system for doing this in Jurkat cells.

       Good luck!

Comment
The problem is that I don't think the endothelial cells will survive
Co-transfection. Co-transfection with a vector expressing large T
antigen would give to high amount of large T antigen in cells. This
would give lethal replication of the plasmid and cause cell death.
- But transfecting the cells with the protein should hopefully not have
this effect.

Knut Tomas Dalen