Capfinder/SMART II

jxie at jxie at
Tue Sep 23 13:14:41 EST 1997

Yes, it worked very well.

The kit I used was a beta test version of CapFinder kit. I was able to do
5' RACE for 2 different genes with this kit.  Beautiful PCR products!!! I
used gene specific primer in the RT reaction instead of the  random
primer and used a nested primer for PCR.  I believe that Clontech has
changed the sequence of cap switching oligo since.  Make sure the Tm of
your gene specific nested primer is around 68 C.

Jinling Xie; Ph. D.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharm, Inc.     Phone:  (203) 798-4691
900 Ridgebury Road                             Fax:    (203) 778-7667
P. O. Box 368; MS R8-5                         E-mail: jxie at
Ridgefield, CT 06877-0368