isoelectric focussing??

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at
Fri Sep 26 07:38:04 EST 1997

You could try indicator dyes (or other colored substances having a
pI). If I understand the theory right, the dyes then might run
according to their pI, shouldn't they?

> Hi, all --
>    Does anyone know of colored ampholines for the first dimension of
>    2D
> gels, or a dye that would allow the experimenter to watch the
> isoelectric focussing of the first dimension?  I'm looking to reduce
> the variability between runs, and some kind of markers would be very
> useful...  Please post or send email to cassie at  Thanks!
> --
>                                     -- Cassie Conley
>                                        cassie at
>                                        Cell Biology, MB24
>                                        The Scripps Research
>                                        Institute
usual disclaimers apply
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.