pcr on plant genomic

Frederik Boernke boernke at ipk-gatersleben.de
Tue Sep 30 14:44:33 EST 1997

Martin Goodson wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I've heard that PCR on plant genomic DNA has specific diffulties not
> encountered with the DNA of other organisms. Do you know anything about this
> or other problems in the molecular biology of plants (Reverse transcription
> etc.)?
>
> martin goodson

Hi Martin,

we have been in plant molecular biologie for quiete a long time and we
do not feel that there problems with PCR or RT-PCR if using a proper
protocol.

Cheers
Ricky

Frederik Boernke
Research Group of  Molecular Plant Physiologie
Corrensstr. 3
06466 Gatersleben
Tel.  039482 -5 321
Fax. 039482 -5 515