filter sterilized vs. autoclaved water for PCR

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 2 16:03:01 EST 1998

Hi Dave,

I'd recommend to buy molbio / PCR grade water from any supplier.
That's surely cheaper than throwing away just one set up of PCR
reactions cause it's contaminated in any way. And it's good for your
nerves, too, probably.
In my lab, I've found out that autoclave sterilized water could cause
problems with ligations and other molbio experiments. With millipore
water, that comes a kind of filter sterilized out of the machine,
there was less fuss. I then decided to freeze away aliqots in eppis
and throw them away after taking out the amount of water I just need.

Good luck,

Wolfgang
-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------