An interesting puzzle - Pierce's "Gentle Ag/Ab elution buffe

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Apr 4 06:55:39 EST 1998

Dima,
You write about incompatibilities with phosphate. what happens? a
white precipitate? Calcium??
a simple check might answer this: add some EDTA before adding
phosphate. this should defer the precipitate.
If you have access to a clinical lab, have the calcium measured
there. If not, give it as a blood sample to your doctor ;-)

If you find calcium, you also might find chloride. You could check
this with silver nitrate, it also should give a white precipitate. Of
course, this also could be from other cloride sources (NaCl)
If you have the chance, just have all common clinical ions measured.

So, does this reagent break the antigen-antibody interaction by
high bivalent salt?

Wolfgang

> I am trying to understand what that could be...
-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------