looking for an antibody library

Elizabeth Chen chenel at erols.com
Sat Apr 4 10:51:55 EST 1998

Dimitri Harmegnies wrote:

> Dear Netters,
>
> I would like to know if anybody have , or know where I can find, a
> phage antibody library (from human or from mouse)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dimitri Harmegnies
> Dept. of Virology
> Institut Pasteur de Bruxelles
> 642 rue Engeland
> B-1180
> Brussels, Belgium

I believe that a company called IGEN in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
offers a service in which you send them a peptide sequence and they
supply you with up to three antibodies purified from a phage antibody
library.  I believe the original display libary is constructed from
human sequences.  From what I understand, they are not willing to send
out or sell this library and the antibody service costs a lot.

Hope this helps,
Elizabeth