TA ligations - is Invitrogen the answer?

Andrew O'Neill oneill at florey.biosci.uq.edu.au
Mon Apr 6 01:14:01 EST 1998

I posted a message on the bionet.microbiology newsgroup last friday and had a good
response: thanks.  Thought there may be some more expertise out there to take
advantage of, so I am posting a follow up.

I have had many suggestions that the Invitrogen Topo pCR2.1 kit is worth trying. Has
anyone out there tried this kit for Molecular ecological/microbial diversity type
studies?  Do you get a good ratio of inserts of the correct size?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew O'Neill

Andrew O'Neill B.Sc. (Hons) PhD student
Centre for Bacterial Diversity and Identification
University of Qld, St Lucia, Qld, 4067
email: oneill at florey.biosci.uq.edu.au