solubilizing nuclei

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Apr 5 09:00:15 EST 1998

Hi all.

I've got dishes in the freezer where I had treated cell layers with
triton-x-100 for solubilizing plasma membranes and cytosol.
Now the nuclei are frozen down there and I'm interested in measuring
nuclear enzyme activity (WHAT a *nuclear* energy power this will
unleash!!! ;-) So, SDS will be too heavy for that purpose (of course
good enough for going onto a PAGE gel with them).
What do you suggest instead of scraping them off and sonicate
(SONYcate ?? - using my walkman?? - uuh sorry, that's the sunday lab
blues) them?

Any input is welcome!

Wolfgang

-----
This message is RNAse free - please don't touch!
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/start.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.
------
usual disclaimers apply
------