TA ligations - is Invitrogen the answer?

Heinz J. Schaefers schaefers at sun.XuchcX.edu
Mon Apr 6 10:40:29 EST 1998

hi,
since a few weeks, we here don't by anything anymore at Invitrogen...
reason:
1. discontinuing of Muristerone (here is about 1.5 years worth of work doomed, if no
other company can supply Muristerone...)
2. they have changed / continue changing all vectors for TA cloning ...they delete the
SP6 promoter... we now buy the Promega pGEM-T easy pcr cloning kit (its similar to TA
cloning) containing both SP6 and T7 promoters, and M13 forward/reverse promoters
(Invitrogen claims that the SP6 site dont work well for sequencing..may be, but we need
SP6 not for sequencing, but for in vitro transcription, and the old invitrogen vectors
containing SP6 worked fine with this assay)
and: Promega's pGEM-T easy prc cloning system is HALF the price of the Invitrogen TA
cloning !!

(no affiliation with Promega, just a very satisfied customer!)

Heinz
--
Heinz J. Schaefers, Ph.D.
University of Connecticut Health Center, Dept. of Physiology, Farmington, CT