Blotting from Acrylamide Sequencing Gel

ELADER at AMBION.COM ELADER at AMBION.COM
Mon Apr 6 19:03:22 EST 1998

In article <35236C3B.FE73BF32 at rpms.ac.uk>,
  mjones at rpms.ac.uk wrote:

> Run total genomic DNA on a 12% urea sequencing gel, and then blotted
> (via eletro-transfer) to a nylon membrane, and probe as per Southern.
>
> The aim is to detect DNA fragments that differ by one base pair (in the
> region 100 - 150 bases)

Yes, in a previousl life I did this using both a semidry and a submerged
electroblotter. It worked very well. Can't remember the transfer buffer
though......

I did this for a technique known as in vivo footprinting . try a medline
search...