Chemiluminescent nucleic acid detection kit

Denis M. Larkin lark at bionet.nsc.ru
Mon Apr 13 20:30:05 EST 1998

Dear All,

Could you please help me. I got chemiluminescent nucleic acid detection
kit (Sigma LUM-1) for chemiluminescent detection of biotinylated or
alkaline phosphotase labeled nucleic acids in Southern blots. I have to
work with unique genomic probes. If somebody worked (works) with this
kit please write me if it is so sensitive as they tell (<1 picogram of
hybridized DNA)? Should I use biotinylated or alkaline phosphotase
labeled probes? Any advises or protocols would be of great help for me.

With best wishes,

Denis M. Larkin
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics
Institute of Cytology and Genetics