Cloning sticky PCR products

Brian Cohen cohen at wadsworth.org
Wed Apr 15 17:13:59 EST 1998

    I haven't had a chance to check out the Biotechniques article yet, but
I've had rather good luck cloning PCR products, as small as 125 bp and up to
3kb.  I've found that PCIA extraction followed by restriction digest and
agarose gel purification works pretty well.  We've been using the Geneclean
kit (BIO101, no relation to the author) even for the very small PCR products
with good success.  I've never tried to quantitate the efficiency of this
process, although I know that skipping the PCIA extraction usually results
in no digestion.
    Hope this helps, I look forward to seeing other protocols as well.

Brian