RNA extraction in mouse vs human

Binnie Betten betten+ at pitt.edu
Thu Apr 16 12:17:03 EST 1998

Using the Trizol RNA extraction method, I have extracted RNA in moderate
quantities (suffiecient for northern membranes>20 ug)from human monocytes.
I am currently atempting RNA extraction from mouse monocytes and I'm
getting much lower quantities of RNA (between 4 and 8 ug-not sufficient
for norhterns) though still of good quality (strong 18 and 28S bands).
Does anyone know of possible protocol modifications to attempt between
species or is this lower yield in mice to be expected?

--
Binnie Betten
betten+ at pitt.edu