beta gal side effects

Marieke R. Koedood Zhao rkoedood at bu.edu
Tue Apr 21 12:37:26 EST 1998

We had some b-Gal producing mice that were quite happy and healthy. One
of them, a male died eventually of old age after becoming the father
of many, many blue embryos and a b-Gal line of mice.

Marieke

Dr. J. Miano (jmiano at post.its.mcw.edu) wrote:
: Does anyone out there know of any case where the expression of beta gal
: (either in culture or mice) had some perturbing effect on normal
: physiology?

: Insertional mutagenesis does not count.  I would like to know what all of
: that beta gal in the cell or animal is doing.

: Thanks,

: Joe

: --
: The Love you take is equal to the Love you make--P. McCartney