bacterial growth medium

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 22 09:38:31 EST 1998

Hans-Peter Schmitz (schmitzh at uni-duesseldorf.de) wrote:
: Hi,
: I currently read the abstract of an article in Biotechniques : 24
: 438-444 from Dutteiler, H. M. Gross, D. S. .
: The authors describe a growth medium for bacteria that highers the yield
: of recombinant plamid. My question is if anyone out there has experience
: with this media. Also it would be nice if someone could post the recipe
: because here in Europe there only a europian version of Biotechniques
: available wich is not very up to date. This means the article I´m
: interested in will be published there only in a future issue.

The full BioTechniques IS available in Europe (or the UK, at least),
although unlike the Euro edition, you have to pay for it. The Euro
edition is not only a time-lagged but also a pruned version of the full
monty BioTechniques, so waiting for your article to appear eventually
is not a foolproof option.

Can't help with the medium.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from, but not \ MRC Human Genetics Unit,
chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk            | on behalf of  /  Western General Hospital,