transformation of meningococci

Alexey Merz alexey at webcom.com
Wed Apr 22 15:48:20 EST 1998

Contact Dr.Xavier Nassif at: nassif at necker.fr

He's built a series of shuttle vectors (the pMGC series) with a variety
of features. They can be mated into gonococci or meningococci. These
are derived from pLES2 (Stein & al., 1983, Gene 25:241). The most
useful pMGC vectors for your purposes are probably MGC10 (ErmR, with
blue/white selection in E. coli) and 18.1 (KmR, smaller size, no
blue/white).

For mating proceedures try:Seifert & So, _Methods in Enzymology_, 204:342.

We have these vectors too, but Xavier actually made them.

I'll warn you in advance: they are finicky, and it can be hard to
work with them even in E. coli.

Alternatively, it's really easy to drop things into the Neisserial
chromosome - ideas on how to do this are suggested in the Seifert/So
article. Best of luck...
Alexey Merz | URL: http://www.webcom.com/alexey | email: alexey at webcom.com