Labeling PCR primers

ELADER at AMBION.COM ELADER at AMBION.COM
Wed Apr 22 22:12:28 EST 1998

In article <353DD321.4147 at unity.ncsu.edu>,
  John Fellers <jfellers at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

> I am looking for a protocol to label PCR primers with P32.  I want to
> use the primers to identify amplified products.  Thanks in advance.

Geez guy, open a book. 5' end labeling with T4 polynucleotide Kinase and gamma
ATP. Extremely efficient rxn will label 100 ng of primer to 50 million cpm.
spike in 1,000,000 per pcr rxn (with normal amount of unlabelled primers) and
you'll make some nice and hot pcr products. BTW, spiking in a couple of ul of
alpha dctp into the pcr will do the same thing.

Eric